Welcome!

My Photo
Ontario, Canada
Life is working full time, being married for 35 years, being mom to a grown daughter, 2 15 yr old cats and a 7 year old Diva of a Boston Terrier. Becoming involved in the art community has changed my life, since I began to focus on Zentangle,in August of 2012. Since then, I've gained the courage to explore other kinds of art. I've added water soluble media, mixed media and a desire to start an artist's journal to the mix. You might find just about anything on my blog. I hope, whatever you find, you will enjoy. I love to hear from you. The most wonderful surprise in all of this , has been finding such a warm and wonderful community built around these art forms. Almost without exception, those I've met are warm, friendly and generous of spirit. I try to be the same way.

Saturday, 21 September 2013

Tangling with Frisket

This weeks Diva's Challenge combined nicely with some homework from my art course.

Part of the lesson was experimenting with frisket (masking fluid) on ATC's.

"Simple lines," my instructor said. "It will take practice to learn to control it." she said. Uh huh. I follow instructions so well.

Well, I just wouldn't be me if I didn't combine the lesson and the challenge, and go wild!

So, here is my craziness... tangling with frisket, coloring with Twinkling H2O's, and having a ball!

Frisket Cubine:




Frisket Hollibaugh

Fun Frisket Tangellation


Tangling with frisket is definitely not an "exact science", not for me, anyway... but was it ever fun to do!

I'd love to hear your thoughts, and if you give it a try, please let me know how it goes!

Happy tangling!

Beth

13 comments:

  1. I like your bright colors. The first one is my favorite. Why? Just the feeling of it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne. The colors are luminescent so all those bright colors twinkle, too!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. All three of your pieces are striking. I especially admire the third one. The colors are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kim. I had a lot of fun with them.

      Delete
  3. I'm always looking for something different in the world of Zentangle. You're work is absolutely lovely. Thank you for sharing a new technique with the rest of us tanglers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome. I'm always happy to share. This community has been so kind to me!

      Delete
  4. Love the idea of using the frisket. I'll have to try that one. I had on of those why didn't I think about that moments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is a fun alternative to a white pen!

      Delete
  5. All of them are gorgeous!! I like the your idea to use masking fluid!! Very creative and imaginative! Also I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BethB, these are wonderful. There's nothing thet metches the Twinks in color brightness. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laila. You're sure right about those dazzling colors. I love them too! Thank you for stopping by. :)

      Delete